Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, Big Boy!

Well {sigh}, my baby boy is two! I can't believe that I don't have anymore babies running around the house. Okay, that is a bit of an exaggeration...John has been out of the "baby" stage for awhile now. Still!

I have to admit, I am enjoying the fact that I get to SLEEP at night. Anyway, this little boy is just a bundle of energy...plain and simple! He does things SO differently than his sisters ever did. Can I just insert right here that people that believe that boys and girls are "trained" to be that way because of cultural influences are absolute nut jobs? Please forgive me if you hold to this belief, but from experience, I have to disagree! Okay, off the soap box and on to an example. For the kids birthday, I always put streamers in their doorway and balloons to correlate with how old they are turning in the hall outside of their bedroom. The first thing John did was yank all of the streamers down. The girls were appalled! They have always tried to leave thiers up as long as possible. Too funny!

Even at his birthday party...he was ALL BOY!

He saw his cake (or, at least the tractor).



He tried to get to his cake.



He tried even harder to get to his cake.


Finally! Victory! I have my tractor! Candles? Fire? Who cares? There are WHEELS on here!!!


Happy Birthday, John!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: