Friday, November 03, 2006

Bedtime Snacks and Cell Phones

It has been so fun watching Libby grow and learn. It is impossible to think that just 1 1/2 years ago she was TOTALLY helpless. Now, she is assertive and can tell you what she wants...most of the time. Last night she let us know what she wanted. We were getting ready for bed and she brought her Cheerios (or Chee-o's) into the bedroom. Daddy took them from her and told her it was time to get ready for bed. That didn't bother her and we spent the next 15 minutes or so doing our bedtime routine. Then daddy put Libby in her crib and went to turn off the light. Before he got the chance she had popped up, said, "Chee-o," and had them in her little hands again. We both laughed and daddy fed her a few before we said good night one last time.

Then, daddy left his work cell phone at home today. He called to see if I could meet him for lunch so I could bring it to him. I knew I would forget the phone if I didn't have it attached to me so that's exactly what I did. I clipped it to my pants. All of the sudden Libby started throwing a fit. I couldn't figure it out until she started tugging on the phone and saying, "Daddy, daddy, daddy!" She was mad at me for wearing daddy's phone. She stayed mad at me until I gave it to daddy too.

Isn't it amazing what their little minds can remember and learn and how it stretches and grows? Wow! I am glad God blessed me enough to watch this phenomenon called "growing up".

No comments: