Friday, January 05, 2007

Christmas 2006

After almost 2000 miles on the van (and our hind ends) we are home and recuperated. Everything is even unpacked...I think. We started by driving to Warsaw for a pit stop. Then we went on to Bellefontaine on Christmas Eve. We had Christmas at grandma and grandpas and had a good time visiting with all of the family that we don't get to see all of the time. It was good to see my cousins again. On Christmas day we had our family Christmas. Steph and Hannah and I got to talk alot. I miss them so much. I am very lucky to have my family...even when we drive each other crazy! On Tuesday we went down to Cincinnatti to have Christmas with my cousins that just moved there this past year. I was glad to see them again. I enjoy talking with them. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to them as much as I wanted because there were SO many people there. Wednesday we got to just enjoy my grandparents' and parents' company. Oh...and we got to go to House of Szechwan...I miss my Szechwan. It was good to spend time with my family. I do miss them being way out here in Iowa. On Thursday we hopped back in the car again and went up to Defiance. I got to visit with my good friend Sara, who is pregnant with her first child. I can't wait to visit her once she has her baby. We also got to eat supper with another good friend, Meghan. After supper, we headed back to Warsaw. At Warsaw we were able to visit with some more friends, Carter and Jenny. It was wonderful to see them again...they are hoping to come out here this summer and I can't wait! We also had Christmas with Chris's family. Libby got lots of presents and she was, of course, doted on. After that we just relaxed until January first when we drove back to Iowa. We were hoping to go to church on Sunday, but we had visitors and I wasn't feeling well. We hope to be able to do that next time.

Here are some pictures from our journey.

No comments: