Friday, June 22, 2007

Monster Mommy

Last night, after the in-laws left for their hotel, I was SO tired. So at about 10 'til 9 I kissed Libby good night and told her I was going to bed. About 15 minutes later Chris put Libby to bed and she was NOT happy at all. We just figured that she was upset because she was playing with all of her new puzzles that grandma brought her. Well, 10 minutes later, she was still crying like crazy so Chris decided to check on her. He went back and said, "What's your problem?" My little Libby says through her tears, "I just want to kiss mommy!" So Chris brought her out and I gave her a kiss. Daddy asked her if she was ready for bed and she said she was. He took her back to her crib and she was finished for the night...all she wanted was to kiss her mommy. Yeah, that made me feel like a great mom, she thought I'd abandoned her or something. It made me feel warm and fuzzy though too. She couldn't sleep with out a good night kiss from me.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

I love it when kiddos do sweet things like this to just warm your heart!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais

Jen&Carter said...

I can't wait experience that feeling someday from my kids.

Alida Sharp said...

how sweet... I don't think you abandoned her. It was just disarming for her to have her routine messed up!

My kids are older, 17 & 19, and the times when they iniate kissing me goodnight are so precious to me.
Alida

Alexis Jacobs said...

Precious.

Unknown said...

I just love being a mommy for reasons like this.