Thursday, June 04, 2009

Daddy's John Deere Girls


Oh, daddy knows how to raise his girls right. Last night he was out trying to do some work in the yard on his tractor and I needed to run some stuff down to the neighbors. I took both girls along with me. Usually, Grace rides in the stroller, but this time she acted like she wanted to walk, so I took her hand and she walked with me...until we reached the tractor. She immediately ran to her daddy and held her arms up for him to pick her up. I tried to pick her up and she, of course, started to scream. Daddy said he'd take her for awhile and Libby and I went on our way. When we came back I asked Chris if he wanted me to take Grace from him and he said he wouldn't mind it. I held my arms out to her and she just shook her head no. We laughed and I tried again...same response. She got the best of daddy because he let her stay awhile longer.

Then, tonight, Chris went out around 8:00 pm to do some more work. This time Libby went with him while I put Grace to bed. 8:00 is her bed time, after all. She wasn't going to have any of it. Every time that daddy rolled by her window on the tractor, she yelled and bellowed at him. I don't know how many cuss words are in her vocabulary, but she used them all on him tonight. I finally had enough of listening to her bellow and took her out to her dad. She was in heaven...again! She got about 15 minutes on the tractor and now she's back inside, so maybe we'll try that bed time thing again. :)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: