Friday, June 12, 2009

Learning!

*No, she isn't drinking from a sippy cup. It belongs to Grace. We lost it outside this morning and she found it for us.


Libby has been dying to learn for the longest time now. We started lesson plans last fall, but those fell quickly by the wayside as I realized I didn't have the energy to try to keep up with both babysitting and school. Now that I am finished babysitting, I have so much more energy and have really enjoyed this week of teaching Libby. Let me reiterate that Libby really WANTS to learn...this is NOT an insane momma trying to get her "fix" in. :)

Anyway, this week we have been learning about the letter L, and go with that, leaves. Libby has been learning to take care of a plant (as well as I can show her...it isn't dead, yet, at least) and has had some fun with leaf rubbings and painting the outline of leaves. She had a blast with it! I am looking forward to continuing with her and hope that she will have a fairly good grasp on reading by the time she heads back to pre-school this fall. She should, she is already spelling 3-letter words and can find them in print as well.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: