Monday, October 19, 2009

A Star is Born

Posted by Picasa
...and momma is too busy enjoying him to share him with the rest of the world via this blog. :) Chris did it for me when we had Grace, does that make him the slacker? :) Just kidding.

Seriously, though, Mr. John Everett Tucker made his appearance into the world Friday, October 16, 2009 at 8:53 pm. He was 7 lb. 7 oz. and 19.75 inches long. We went in to the hospital that morning at 8:00 am to be induced and thought for sure he would be here by no later than 3:00 pm. Actually, that probably would have been the case if I had let them start pitocin earlier, but I didn't. We did a lot of walking the halls like we had done with Grace, but it just didn't do the same thing this time around. I think part of that was because I used midwives this time so they used a different method to induce me. Either way, once they did start the pitocin I was done fairly quickly. I was hoping for a water birth, but that just didn't happen...and to be honest, by the time he arrived, I really didn't care. I just wanted to be DONE! I had a harder time pushing him out than I did the girls (mind you, that means it took me 10 minutes of pain vs. 1/2 hour of epidural or one push...so it's all relative, I guess!) It was quite an interesting delivery for me. Let's just say that I'm glad it's over. When they put him on my chest my first thoughts were, "He looks just like the girls!" I checked, just to make sure, that he wasn't a girl. :) I'm such a dork. It will be interesting to see what he looks like as his features become his own because right now he REALLY looks like Grace. I'm just glad that he is here finally.

Both girls were awesome as they met their brother for the first time. Libby just adores him...although usually it's when someone else has him in their arms. As for Grace, I've been telling everyone all along that she really doesn't have a clue as to what was going on...I think I was VERY wrong. I think she just couldn't verbalize about what was going on. My mom brought her up to the hospital by herself and I made sure John wasn't in the room so that she wouldn't be overwhelmed. She came in and got to see her mommy for a bit (the first time in almost two days) and then they brought John to the room. She KNEW that he was her brother immediately! Grandma picked Gracie up and held her over the "crib" and she just petted him and stared at him. Once when grandma tried to readjust her, she grabbed hold of the side of the clear plastic "baby-bin" & acted like: "Don't you dare take me or him ANYWHERE!" She was so cute.

Overall, I am just so glad to have him in my arms and be home with my girls, too. Thanks for all of your prayers and sorry for my "slow pokiness" in blogging. :)

No comments: