Thursday, November 05, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I haven't done one of these for quite awhile, but I have LOTS to be thankful for.

So, I am thankful for:

1.) healthy kids. As I hear all the hype about H1N1 and have a friend that actually had her daughter (who is only about a month older than John) in a children's hospital for a few nights, I am completely and totally thankful that God has kept my children healthy.

2.) NAPS! Daylight's savings time was not a well thought out concept when it comes to children. It was definitely a man (Benjamin Franklin) who came up with the idea and he obviously didn't think about what all the moms were going to deal with. Having a newborn that isn't sleeping through the night and then a 4-year old waking you up at 6:30 in the morning is NO fun! But...we managed to make it through the morning without any tears and after a nap...we were perfectly normal again. :)

3.) a good area to live. We have been totally blessed with all of the friends we have had to take care of us here in Dubuque. Between my friends from MOPS, the neighbors and our church we have had meals two to three times a week since John has been born. In fact, one of the gals from our church even brought us enough meals to freeze for a whole week! I have been amazed at how God has provided for us in this way.

4.) a wonderful husband! Chris has come home at lunch and picked Libby up for preschool the past couple of weeks so that I don't have to take John out yet. It's been so nice to see my husband at lunch time AND be able to put Grace and John to bed as soon as lunch is over so that I can either take a nap or get some housework done.

5.) a calm son. That boy cries only a fraction of what the girls did. He does cry, but not a whole lot. It is so relieving. Alas...he's crying right now, time to go see what his problem is and take care of it. :)

No comments: