Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grace!

My Sweet Baby Girl

First Birthday

Look How Little She Looks

Happy Third Birthday Baby Girl!

My little Grace is three today! Where did the time go? It seems like it was yesterday that my family made the trip out to see this precious little girl after she was born. She has been such a joy to watch grow. She has such a sweet little heart. I usually put 3 (because she turned 3) balloons outside the birthday girl (or boy)'s door and put streamers in their doorway. I forgot! OOPS! So, I was blowing her balloons up for her this morning. She had one balloon in each hand and I was blowing up the third balloon when Libby said she would like two balloons, as well. I told her it wasn't her birthday and she would get 6 balloons coming up in March...then I finished blowing up the third balloon. I went to give the balloon to Grace and she said, "No, Libbabeth." So, I handed the balloon to Libby and she said thank you. Then, Grace looked at Libby with a confused look and said, "Here," and gave her a second balloon to fulfill her wish. With that, they ran off and played with the balloons together. Never even crossed her mind (this morning, at least) to be selfish with her balloons. I love watching that grace within her show itself. I love that when she gets carpet dropped on her face (yes, it really happened) she just smiles and goes on her way...tiny scabs and all. She is a gem and I can't wait to see what the future holds for her. I know God has special plans for this precious little girl and I am so grateful that he chose me to guide her in His ways!

Oh, and lest you think I'm raising an angel...I'm not. She has her moments of testing just like every other human being alive, too. :)

Happy Birthday, Grace!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alida Sharp said...

Happy Birthday Grace!!