Thursday, December 16, 2010

Proverbs 20:22

Do not say, "I will pay you back for this wrong!" Wait on the Lord and he will deliver you. Proverbs 20:22

Proverbs 20:22 is our memory verse for this week. I usually go into a little detail about what each of our verses mean, but don't go too in depth. As Libby was finishing up her memory work (which consists of repeating the verse about 10 times with words disappearing) I got to thinking about "waiting on the Lord". How many times in the Bible does it say to "wait on the Lord"? How often do I wait on the Lord? Hmmm...I think there is a lack on my end of this whole waiting thing. After Libby finished memorizing the verse I pulled the word "wait" out and asked her what it meant. She said "stop or patience". I told her she was exactly right and we started talking about times mommy or daddy had asked her to wait and she either had or hadn't. We talked about how it is very hard to wait...not just for her, but for her mommy and daddy, as well. It was a really good conversation. It was a reminder that I very much needed. I need to be more intentional about stopping and being patient with the Lord because His timing is always perfect!

And after it was all over? We had a good laugh to lighten the conversation up. I needed to get something downstairs and Libby and Grace wanted to come with me. So, I climbed over our fence...and as Libby was getting ready to climb over, Grace got there first...and Libby had to wait. We laughed about how Libby was already putting the rubber to the road on this lesson in waiting. These are the conversations and the life moments that I love to have with my children! Hopefully, I can be a good example in waiting and, hopefully, Libby can learn waiting in the small areas of life so that she can transfer it to the big areas later.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: