Friday, November 23, 2007

Let's Try Again!

Well, we finally have some good news on the home front. After talking with this builder, and that, and checking out this house plan, and that, and talking the bank into s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g our loan to the uppermost amount that we felt we could deal with we decided that it just wasn't worth taking the financial risk of building the house we wanted on our five acres. So, instead, we found a two acre lot down the road in a subdivision...which will end up saving us approximately $50k, well worth the cut down of 3 acres in my book. So, here is a picture of our new lot. It is 1-1/4 acre land plus 3/4 acre woods. The woods (once daddy cleans it up) will be great for the girls to play in. I went out to help daddy stake our acreage out, but ended up babysitting critter in the car because it was so cold. So, here she is enjoying the sunroof in the car. I think this is the first time she has played with that. :) And, yes...that is snow in the background. We woke up Thanksgiving morning to around 3 inches. Anyway, if you know anyone that wants a five acre lot in Sherrill, Iowa send them our way. Ha ha!
Posted by Picasa


Jen's life in the busy world said...

Yeah,I am glad that everything is falling into play for you. I am excited for you guys.

Alexis Jacobs said...

Sounds (and looks) perfect! Congrats!