Sunday, December 02, 2007

7 Things About Me

Ok, I was tagged by Alexis, so here goes:

1.) I went on a mission's trip, by myself, when I was 12 years old. It was the first time EVER that I was by myself without ANYONE I knew. My parents loaded me up on an airplane (this was pre-9/11 and it was my choice to go) and that was it. Luckily my mission's trip was in Florida and Tennessee so when I finally started freaking out (two weeks into the 4 week trip) mom and dad came down to visit me.

2.) I was 10 years old when my little sister was born. I loved being her "second mommy". I even had one person ask if I was her mommy when I was pushing her around the neighborhood in her stroller...uh, no!

3.) When I was like 5 or 6 I drew a green star as high as I could on the wall. When mom asked who did it I blamed Stephanie, who was only 3 or 4 at the time and wasn't quite as tall as I was. Yeah, I got in trouble for drawing on the wall and for lying.

4.) As clumsy as I am, I have amazingly never broken a bone.

5.) When I was like 4 or 5 (mom, do you remember how old I was?) I stuck my finger down a small chip in the back of a toilet at church and cut my finger really badly. I wanted to see what was down there, so I reached in with my longest finger. It just didn't work well at all though. :) In the end, the church put duct tape over the hole and didn't replace the lid for like another 10 years.

6.) In the 4th grade my teacher had an auction for our classroom. We all had "money" that we had earned for good behavior and grades and the like. Anyway, there was a president's poster that I wanted desperately. So, I waited and waited...and waited for this poster go up on the block, not bidding on ANYTHING else (because I might have some competition on that one). Finally, after 3/4 of the things were gone, the teacher asked exactly what I was waiting for. So, I got my poster...and had lots of money left over with all the people I had to outbid to get my precious poster.

7.) Two of my best friends and I all went to the 3rd grade classroom for reading class when we were in the 1st grade.

Ok, now I get to tag five people.

Angie
Cristi
Deanna
Jen
Val~I know you just did one of these, so if you don't want to do it, you don't have to. :)

Have fun!

No comments: