Tuesday, February 23, 2010

4 Months


John had his 4 month appointment today. They are completely confusing me on his height. Last time they said he was 24 3/8 inches long (but wrote 29 3/8 inches on my card)...this time they said he was 24 1/4 inches long. I know I've been out of school for awhile, but I would say that would have made him shorter this time around. Nobody seemed to be worried about it though, so maybe he was 23 3/8 inches long last time. I don't know...it's just confusing. Either way, he continues to soundly whomp on the girls where weight is concerned. He weighed 15 pounds and 3 ounces today. Grace weighed about the same at her 9 month appointment and Libby hit that mark somewhere around 7 months.

Although I wasn't nervous, per se, I was getting antsy to see signs of the above picture. Just this last week he has finally decided that maybe he will try to see what is going on in the world around him while he is on his tummy. He can also roll up onto his side, but at this point, he has decided that it is too much work to flip the rest of his body on over. I swear he is gonna go from front to back before the other though. He, like almost every other baby known to creation, does NOT like tummy time and digs into the floor with his feet. Soon enough. :)

He is still a contented little man. In fact, at his appointment today Libby kept telling the doctor that he was going to make John mad and it never happened. He gave the doctor a funny face while he probed around in his mouth, but that was all. Even with his shots, he winced a bit at the first shot and gave out a little shout at the second shot. As soon as he was in my arms though, he was done. I am just amazed at his little personality! I can't wait to watch as he develops more and more.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: