Saturday, January 01, 2011

The Beginnings of a Craft Room

One of Chris's Christmas gifts to me this year was to transform our mechanical room into a craft room. Here is the beginning process.

This is my pegboard wall. Eventually it will be filled with fun little tools to work with. Behind the pegboard wall is our furnace.

This is what it looks like when my table (which obviously folds down flush to fit against the wall) looks like when it is up and ready for me to work. And, look, it even comes along with an adorable three year old. :)

This is my shelving system. Lots of room to put lots of stuff. Does that mean I get to spend more money on my scrapbooking now? :D
Last, but not least, my technology center. My cricut and a computer (thanks Tom and Janet) that has a program called Sure Cuts a Lot so that I can cut out any font or shape that I can find on the computer. I've already used the program quite a bit to get me started on Grace's curriculum.

I am very much looking forward to using my little getaway to get some scrapbooking done. I am very blessed to have a husband that can put this all together for me and is even willing to do so. Thank you for being the best husband ever!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Busy1 said...

that's amazing! love it. hope to see final pictures when everything is put away.

BTW, didn't know that you and Chris went to Jamaica on your honeymoon. What were you overall thoughts? Would you go back? Noel and I have mixed feelings.... like all places you go, there's good and bad.

mama2dibs said...

There will definitely be more pics. :)

As for Jamaica, I would love to go back. Like you, said, pros and cons, but we enjoyed it. We mostly stayed at the resort (which I was wrong...it was Couples, Negril...which is a sister company to Sandals). Of course, it was our honeymoon...so, ya know...we had more reason to stay at the resort. :)

The one thing I will definitely say, though, is I liked the iea of the all-inclusive package rather than the cruise we took. I just liked getting to know ONE island intimately rather than island hopping.