Monday, September 14, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow! It's been a month since I've posted. Oops! This past month has been a cRaZy one though. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it. :) Seriously, about a month ago one of my dear friends from Ohio came out to visit. We had such a good visit!

Then, the girls and I packed up and rode "caravan" style back to Ohio for one last hurrah before John is born. I had that trip PACKED with visits. It was good though. I got to see a few friends that I haven't had the opportunity to see in about 10 years. I also got to meet baby Noah on my way home. I am so happy for Jenny. :)

We arrived home to a beautiful clean house thanks to my wonderful husband...and we managed to trash it in one day. Not we, per se. The girls had a BLAST playing with toys that they could have left behind two weeks previous. I unpacked all of the suit cases and they unpacked all of the toys. :) So, that meant the cleaning rush was back on with Chris's parents visiting in a couple of days. No, Janet, I didn't mind it at all. :)

Chris's parents visited over Labor Day weekend and provided sanity for me while Chris planted the grass seed. *I almost feel selfish asking this, but please pray for RAIN. We haven't had a drop since he planted the crazy stuff.* Anyway, on Labor Day we enjoyed the parade together and the girls and Chris enjoyed a wonderful day with his parents while I went home and took a MUCH needed nap. :)

The past week has been spent "trying" to get stuff done around the house and generally trying to get life back to some sort of temporary normalcy. :) Libby started preschool (again) in the midst of all of the craziness. She is quite happy as she is in Soya's class. It is the perfect amount of time for the girls to be together and it is under someone else's watchful eye, not mine! I can handle it. She is loving the fact that daddy picks her up from preschool too.

Grace has been learning a few new words here and there and it is a joy to listen to her use this new vocabulary. She is also a big daddy's girl. She MUST get a kiss from daddy every night before bed, but mommy, well, sometimes I get one, sometimes I don't. She is so fun to watch at prayer time for meals. If you forget to take her hand, you WILL be praying again. She holds your hand, bows her head and when the prayer is over she says loudly, "AMEN!" (No, it doesn't come out sounding like "amen".) It's so fun to watch.

John is only a month away now. I have been experiencing quite a few braxton hicks this past month and it has been a whole new world for me. I never had any with either of the girls and I have kind of enjoyed the sensation. I was quite amused at the fact that he had never had the hiccups...and then, two nights ago, he finally got them. He had them last night, too. What a feeling! I love being pregnant, but at the same time, I'm ready to meet this little fella. :)

That is our life in a nutshell over the past month. Oh, I probably shouldn't forget to add that our wonderful neighbors also helped us put in our front sidewalk. It's been a good month and I am ready to see what the next month holds for us. :)



1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Welcome home! I hope the next 4 weeks fly by!