Sunday, November 20, 2011

Letters

I love watching my kids learn! It is just so thrilling to see each step they take. They don't have to have learned something perfectly for me to get excited, I just enjoy each morsel of knowledge they gain.

That being said, John and I skipped church today because we weren't feeling the greatest. Once daddy and the girls left, I pulled out the letter magnets and pulled a few out for John to explore. It wasn't long before the whole bag was dumped on the floor and he was picking them up and feeling them and just playing with them. I told him what some of the letters were and made simple two letter chunks (such as -at) and then added different beginning letters to them. As soon as I pulled the letters out he started saying "B...B...B" and would pick different letters up and repeat "B". It was so cute!

Of course, he is only two, and he is a boy...therefore, he was throwing them across the living room in about five minutes time. So, I had him help me put all the letters and put them back in the bag.

Over all, it was a fun learning experience and I can't wait to do it again with him...and Grace, for that matter.

No comments: