Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So, You Have a Dyson?

Dyson makes the claim that it has the "strongest suction" in the vacuum world. While this is true, they forget to mention that there are more pieces to the puzzle in the effectiveness of a vacuum. My husband, being an engineer (and a clean freak!) sold our Dyson LONG ago. He searched high and low, and we ended up with a Miele. It is a good sweeper, but it still doesn't fit Chris's standards. His issues are with the air watts. An air watt is a measurement of air flow times suction. Yeah, I don't get that either, but Chris does.

In our household we try (by no means are we always successful) to run with the rule of "you can't complain unless you are willing to do something about it". Well, Chris finally got tired enough of sweeping constantly and the floors not being cleaned to his specifications. So, he decided to do something about it. He created his own vacuum. He took a Shop Vac and hooked it up to our Kenmore head. It is a work of art, I tell you, but it certainly slurped up a whole lot more than it should have. *Blush* I guess we have a new means of vacuuming around here now.

I told him he should make this more packageable and start selling it. If Mr. Dyson can do it, so can Chris. Right?








Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beth said...

This is so clever! I'm so glad I didn't get sucked in to buying a dyson. now I can buy your husbands Ken-shop-more-vac!