Saturday, December 03, 2011

Normal

What does the word "normal" mean, anyway? According to dictionary.com it means "conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural. "

That being said, I'm normal! I like to put my best foot forward. I like people to know and see the good things that I do. I am a bit atypical in the fact that I ultimately want the things I do to bring glory to God, but for the most part, I'm normal.

I'm also normal in the fact that, although I like to put my best foot forward...that is certainly not the only foot I have. I have a not so great foot that I like to keep hidden, and only those closest to me have to deal with. That being said...this has been a rough week for me. I have just been down, and sometimes, downright cranky! Not for any reason, in particular, just having to deal...well, with me, I guess.

I know this is just a fact of life (especially as a woman), but it never makes it any easier to deal with. So, when you have one of those frustrating days...just remember, you are normal...and I will do the same today as I ride the tide of my emotions.

No comments: