Wednesday, April 04, 2007


Well, I had a job interview yesterday. The one thing that Chris and I swore we wouldn't do as parents was to leave Libby in a day care so we could both work. With the house not selling in Indiana though, we are running a little short on money. Now, this job is as a preschool teacher and they have told me that I have the job as long as I want it. It only pays $7.50 an hour and I would have to pay $2.80 + $30/month (diaper deposit). So technically I would only be making $4.70 an hour. It would be a little bit of extra income, but I don't know if it's worth putting my daughter in daycare (CRINGE!) for that amount of money. I do want Libby in pre-school for at least a year, but I was planning on waiting until she was potty trained...and 3. To confuse the issue even more (or maybe clear it up) a good friend called me yesterday and I happened to mention the job possibility to her. She then told me that she had wanted me to help her on the steering committee for MOPS next year. I LOVE MOPS! I was already upset that I was going to miss it. Now, I have the chance to do what I already wanted to do, be on the steering committee. I have been praying for a clear answer and I know which way I WANT to go, but I'm afraid that I'm not being open minded and REALLY looking at the other option.

So, I guess the question I look at this job opportunity as God providing or do I look at it as me not trusting God to provide? Any advice from my wonderful blogging friends? What would you do in this position? I'm open to whatever you have to say.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Is there any way you could wait one more year to do this? Don't forget there are taxes as well, so really you will make closer to $3 an hour. Is it worth it at that point? Only you can decide.

Good luck with your decision.