Thursday, February 24, 2011

I have some good news...

I decided that it was time for me to have my first "tea party" with Libby. We've had tea parties before, but this one was different; this time, I had intentions. Grace had heard us talking about the tea party earlier in the day and was SO excited about coming down to the "brownie party" so we let her come down and enjoy some tea and a cupcake with us first. She was such a good girl at our party, she even left politely when she was finished to spend some time with daddy.

After she left, Libby and I got down to business. We read the book The Story of Me by Stan and Brenna Jones. This is the first book in a four part series called God's Design for Sex endorsed by Focus on the Family. It is recommended for 3-5 year olds and I decided to push it to the upper brink of the recommendation. The series builds on itself, and you only read one book every few years. This one was the story of how babies are born. There were a few parts that were, of course, uncomfortable for Libby and mommy, but overall...I'm glad that it is ME telling her this information rather than anyone else.

I don't want one akward "birds and the bees" talk and hope that suffices. I want my children to have a godly foundation that has been well built. If Libby is put in a situation ten years from now, I want her to have a strong fortress of truth to be able to pull from. My other desire, through the tea party, is to do this more often and talk about character values with my girls and build relationships with them. I want my children to see that they can open up and talk to me about anything. I want them to know that I care about what they care about and am willing to carve out that time to be with just them...one on one, or as girls. I was glad for last night and need to be more intentional about carving out time for my girls in this crazy, hectic world of preschoolers and homeschooling.

This picture just about stopped my heart. Look how old Libby looks. She is growing up way too quickly! Both girls look beautiful! I guess with all the rushing to get ready on Sundays, I haven't taken the time to see the beauty of my girls. Breath taking!

Set up for a night of cupcakes and tea.

My beautiful girls waiting patiently to be served...notice that we have an extra edition. Libby asked for me to grab a candle for our centerpiece. I did so gladly!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: