Thursday, February 03, 2011

Snowmageddon 2011

Tuesday was a VERY cold day with the wind whippin' around. We were forecasted to get 9-12 inches of snow, but by 2:30 it hadn't even started. Then, the flurries started to fall, but nothing to major. It continued on while the sky darkened. To me, from inside the house, it seemed like there was a whole lot more blowing going on than snowing. It was dark, and yes, I could see the flurries swirling around, but looking out at the ground around our house, nothing seemed to be accumulating. Chris assured me that it was! He, of course, got to enjoy this blizzard with a front seat in a tractor cab plowing snow at John Deere.

Chris FINALLY made it home about 4 in the morning, but of course, I was asleep. I wasn't even thinking about what the ground looked like outside my window. The next morning, in the light...I could see that, yes, the snow reallly did accumulate in the dark. We ended up with 13 inches of the white fluffy stuff.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: