Thursday, May 10, 2007

Still Alive

Wow! It's been awhile since I've ACTUALLY posted on here. We did our trip to Indiana this past weekend. It didn't really make me despise Indiana like I usually do. I really liked being in a house, MY house and didn't want to leave. So is life though.

I have been comforted through my devotions though. I've been doing "It's Not About Me" by Max Lucado. I realize this concept and don't doubt it, but sometimes it's good to refresh your own memory through books so that God doesn't have to through experience (been through both). Anyway, one of the chapters was talking about eternity and how it's ok to go through some discomfort on earth because, seriously, it really is just a moment in the overall scheme of things. I am going to be with my Lord and King FOREVER so what is 6 months to a year of misery? I shouldn't be thinking about the fact that things aren't going my way. I should be thinking about the day I get to see God. I think that right now we just need to be patient. Of course, I don't see any other option at the moment either considering I'm pregnant. If we were to have to switch to a new insurance now that would be a pre-existing condition and well, we'd have to pay for EVERYTHING!

After the trip I went through a few days that I didn't want to do ANYTHING. Of course that is assuming I wasn't hanging over the toilet. Luckily, yesterday God decided to cut me a break and so far I'm still feeling ok. This is good. My house is a MESS now and I need to do some catching up on cleaning. Yesterday was Libby's day, today is daddy's...and he'd like to be able to have a clean house.

I think that is about it for now. Hopefully I will be feeling a little better and keep up with my posting since I feel better.

Update: Well that stinks! I barely got off of the here and went back to throw up. We shall see what today holds.

3 comments:

Dave Woods said...

I Love Your Heart Baby

Unknown said...

Don't you feel bad about not posting! you have reason and GOOD reason! I'm just glad you are doing well . . . puking is always good . . . as horrible as it was, it was the only thing that got me through with positive-thinking that my baby was doing well. :) How did Indiana go???

Alexis Jacobs said...

I'm sorry you are still sick. ((hugs)) I have been looking for a good devotional book. I may check that one out!