Friday, August 08, 2008

Crazy Kid

Here are several Libby sayings that I haven't taken the time to blog over the past month.

Libby had been outside in the dirt with her daddy all night long and when it was time to come in daddy said, "Libby don't go in yet. Look at your feet they are black." Libby kept on walking into the house as she said, "They're not black, they're brown."

My grandparents, the girls and I were on our way to Wright State to watch Hannah do her Les Fons routine and we were behind an electrical truck that was painted green. We were going through town and Libby felt like the "green truck" was slowing us down. I was trying to explain that we were driving the speed limit when she said, "I've got an idea. You can go around the green truck."

I bought Hannah a moo-latte from DQ for watching the girls for me and Libby decided that she didn't want any (I had one for me too...of course!). To make up for her not liking that, I grabbed some oreos and said, "I'm going to be a bad mommy," as I handed them to her. She took a bite and said, "You're not a bad mommy anymore."

After she finished the oreos she told me her tummy was thirsty. I offered her my moo-latte and she said, "That's not a drink, that's to eat."

"Mommy, would you mind if grandma and grandpa take me to Chuck E. Cheese?"

"Daddy, probably do you need some help?" He was trying to move around a big piece of dry wall.

Daddy is explaining to Libby that he would rather her stay here instead of going to the neighbor's house to help out. She waits until he's done and says, "I will stand back. Ok?"

3 comments:

minga said...

i love reading the "libbyisms"... they always make me smile..

Alida Sharp said...

I love those!!

by the way I just tagged you on my blog!!
Alida

Alexis Jacobs said...

She is too cute :)