Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our Friend


We have a friend on our front porch. Her name is Grobber, per Libby (must be a 3-year old thing). Anyway, we aren't sure what type of spider she (or he...or are they unisex?) is, but she hasn't tried to harm us yet. She usually runs to her resting spot when we come to visit, which we do daily. Here is a picture of her eating lunch. Hey Val! Here is a question for Tuesday Tips? How can I take this picture with a Canon PowerShot SX100IS to make her web stand out more? I guess that we need to get to the library to find out all about Grobber!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nissa said...

Grobber doesn't seem to have any special markings (like the red hourglass), so she's (I'm going to say she, just because) is probably harmless. It doesn't hurt, though to do a little research!

I hate big spiders. About 2 weeks ago, the water went off (construction hit a water pipe) so I was concerned & went out to the water thingie in the ground, lifted up the lid & saw the scariest spider- it had a bright red spot on it. I freaked out & threw down the lide. I looked it up & it wasn't poisonous, but it still gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it!