Tuesday, September 30, 2008

For Every Season...

With much struggle and tossing and turning at night asking myself, asking God, "Am I doing the right thing?" the decision has been made and it will be solidified next week. I am now a work-at-home-mom. I will do a test run with two of our neighbor children (2 1/2 and 1). I have so many mixed emotions about the whole thing, and I'm pretty sure their mom is feeling the same way. I have decided that I am committed for the next year and then I will make a decision whether we will keep it up. I have already purchased a mini curriculum for their kids and a homeschool curriculum for Libby, as I will have to pull her out of preschool to do this. We are taking next week as a test run just to make sure, but I think the following week I will have the 1 year old full time and I will have the 2 1/2 year old on Tuesdays until the middle of November when I take over her as well. I'm excited, I'm nervous, I'm just ready to start. I have the first two weeks of Libby's lesson plans done and have started on the third so that I will be prepared. Her lesson plans are themed, so it will make it easy for me to just incorporate that theme throughout the house each week for all of the kids. So, if you think about it in the next couple of weeks, lift up a prayer for me as I settle into the newness of all of this. Don't forget about Libby and Soya (the 2 1/2 year old girl) as it will probably be quite a transition for the both of them as well.

3 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

I will be praying for you!!

I did daycare out of our home for 6years... it has it ups and downs but I was grateful to be able to provide for our family, stay home and keep on homsechooling!!

mama2dibs said...

That's the basics behind me going ahead and doing it.

Alexis Jacobs said...

Good luck at your new endeavor. ((hugs))