Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day~Better Late than Never

I thought I would join the fun that Summer created by posting about her "labor" days. :)

How long were your labors?

~Libby was 46 hours (that is in the hospital, NOT hard labor).
~Grace was 13 hours (same as above).

How did you know you were in labor?

~Libby was induced two weeks after she was due.
~Grace was induced one week after she was due.

Where and how did you deliver?

~Libby was born in Indiana. They induced on Friday night (great grandpa's b-day), water broke on Saturday morning (daddy's b-day), they started petocin Saturday night (ouch!), got my epidural IMMEDIATELY, Sunday morning still nothing, they thought about taking me c-section and then my body finallly started to move, we had a beautiful Easter bunny by 3:22 pm.

~Grace was born in Iowa. They induced Thursday morning and we waited all day for something to happen, by 8:30 I was having strong contractions but didn't want to bother the nurses since it was so busy, awhile later the nurse came in while I was having a contraction, checked me and called the doctor, no time for an epidural because by 9:58 pm we had our Grace.

Birth Stats

~Libby was 6 lb. 6.5 oz. and 21 inches long.
~Grace was 6 lb. 14 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

46 hours, even while not in hard labor is just soooooo long!