Monday, October 13, 2008

Mish Mash


Oh my goodness! Here I am, apologizing again. Too many long stretches the past few months between posts. Sorry! So, seriously, life is cRaZy as of late. Here we go...hold on for the roller coaster ride.

1. I am 100% doing the "in-home daycare" thing. Libby's last day of preschool is October 29th. :( We have stretched the time an hour each day, so they are going to pay me a bit more. Last week was our trial week (thus the reason I wasn't blogging) and I was ready to tell them they could continue to take their kids in town as of Thursday morning, but then my MOPS girls (thank you SO much Jen!!!) prayed about it at our MOPS meeting and now, I'm not even feeling wishy-washy about it. I am completely a-ok that this is the path that I am taking for the moment. Anyway, I will have the kiddos tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to show off my new children sometime this week. :)

2. We have two MOPS meetings down and our third is this Thursday. The first one I was ready to pull my hair out of my head, but I think that all leaders feel that way about the first day of anything. I did have fun making the "welcome bags" for the girls though. It had a sucker, a chocolate kiss, a "drink" umbrella, a votive, a tissue and a piece of Extra gum in it with a little poem. I love doing things like that, but I had a lot left over so I don't know if everyone got it. The last meeting was awesome and went well. We have SO many more women this year that we actually wiped the food bowls clean...completely! So cool!

3. Libby is completely excited to have a new "sister" and is sad on the day's that Soya isn't here. I am getting quite excited about starting a preschool curriculum with her. I was planning on starting next year, but seeing as she isn't going to be doing the preschool thing anymore...we're going to town. I have already been going through her curriculum (My Father's World Kindergarten curriculum) and we will start first of November. She got to go to a tea party on Saturday that one of the neighbor girls hosted. She had an absolute blast although, being Libby, she refused to wear a dress to it. :) I wouldn't have expected anything less from her. She has shot up another inch and is now in her booster seat. Quite exciting for her! She's growing up on me.

4. Grace is completely on the move. She is crawling every which direction, as well as cruising. She can stand on her own for about 2-3 seconds at a time. She still likes to be near mommy, but has discovered that it is ok if I'm not holding her ALL the time when she is crawling around with Landon. She has decided she kind of likes music and likes to dance to it when it comes on. If I can get a good video clip of her dancing (head bobbing) I will so totally put it on here.

5. Our neighbor's had their Fall Festival last week and Libby had a blast over there. I think the "jail" was her favorite, but she had quite a bit of fun with the water pump too. Since the traffic was already going to be out here, we decided to have a garage sale. We got rid of about 1/3 of what we set out to sell and made a good $800. I'm not going to whine about that.

I think that is about everything. I will (hopefully) post more later.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: