Monday, October 27, 2008

What a day!

This is Libby's art project from "Mommy's Day Care" today. I was SO proud of her. I didn't touch this a bit. I told her how to spell tractor and that was it. I have been emotional lately so I got myself worked up and cried that my baby is writing now. She isn't a baby at all anymore.

Then at supper she was quite the comedian. I said that I felt like I was falling out of my bra and she said, "Well, just take it off and use your shirt. I just use my shirt." After this, her daddy sat back down at the table with his creation of melted cheese on bagels and she said, "Daddy, that's 'scustin!" (disgusting) I was about to roll on the floor. She said something else too, but I can't remember what that one was due to the "scustin" remark.

In other news, I started Libby's homeschool curriculum today. So, she now knows that on the first day of creation God created light from darkness. I KNOW that creation is the foundation, but I am seriously ready to get on to the part where I get to teach her to read. It scares the ever-livin' spit out of me, but at the same time I am so excited to see those lights come on. I have dreamed of these days (some being tougher than others I'm sure) for so long. I'm even more anxious as she can spell "cat" now. We worked on it together and it is stuck in her head for good now. Her last day of preschool is Wednesday and then it's all up to me. Yikes! :)

As for Grace, she started waving bye-bye today. She can clap and has even been standing for ten to fifteen seconds at a time in the past few days. I am absolutely in love with the little darling and I love watching her grow and learn new things.

Can you tell? I'm in love with my girls!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Busy1 said...

what curriculum are you going with?

mama2dibs said...

My Father's World (kindergarten)