Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Grace!


Ok, I didn't forget my daughter's first birthday. Things have just been crazy so I haven't had time to blog about it. None the less, Grace turned one a few days ago. I will post more pictures later, but they REALLY turned out well this time around. I was very happy!

The day wasn't exactly Grace's best day of her short, little life. She woke up with a fever and she was feeling pretty ill most of the day. With some tylenol down her, though, we had a great set of pictures. Then, the medicine wore off and we went out to eat. OOPS! She cried and cried and cried almost the ENTIRE time we were at the restaurant. There was an 8-top sitting close to us and the youngest of the boys (probably 10 or 11) kept turning around and looking at her. Then, right before we were getting ready to leave he walked over and gave us the stuffed toy one of his brothers had one from a claw machine. I couldn't believe it! Grace was being so annoying and he gave her his toy. I felt really blessed that in today's age someone would have such a kind heart.

The rest of the day we kind of lounged around, kind of worked on getting some stuff done around the house. Then, in the evening we did something we will probably NEVER do again. We had Christmas. I don't want Grace to be one of those people that hates having her birthday so close to Christmas, but this year she doesn't know any better so we just did it. :) The girls had fun and I'll post a few pictures from that a little later as well. In the meantime, my in-laws are upstairs and I am being rude by blogging downstairs. So, I had better get back to the party. :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

minga said...

this is a beautiful picture of grace!!

Anonymous said...

My precious little Gracie! I love you. Love, Grandma Dibbers