Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Finished!

We now have a kindergarten graduate in our home. Libby has been going to preschool, but she has such a love of learning that she was ready for me to teach her at home this year, as well as preschool. So, she has now finished her kindergarten curriculum and still has a few weeks left of preschool. Who would have imagined that...she graduated kindergarten before preschool. :)

She is looking forward to starting first grade within the next month. In fact, the first thing she said to me when I got home from my homeschool convention was, "Did you buy something hard for me?" Well, you know what I'll be up to for the next month. Preparation! I have most of the supplies bought and have even designed a weekly schedule in Excel so I can have everything at my fingertips that I need. I just have to get some of the copy work done and, more challenging, try to get Grace's mini-curriculum around. This year she has just sat with us and cut, colored and pasted in her coloring books. It wasn't a big deal and I WANTED her in the room with us so that her mind would at least filter some of the information (probably more than I realize) through it. This year, though, I want her to have some "centers" where she can be working on different skills instead of the same thing every day. Who knows...maybe I'll let her have a "color, cut, paste" center some of the time too. :)

Happy summer for all of those who are finishing this year of school and quite glad for it! As for us...off to more school. :)

No comments: