Saturday, September 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday?

Ok, so I haven't done one of these in a REALLY long time...but, I felt it was appropriate today.

Today I am thankful:

1.) For a wonderful husband who isn't afraid to help a soul out. I love that he is willing to give of himself to everyone around us, yet doesn't forget his family in the mix. I love my husband!

2.) For the fact that I have been scrapbooking for over five years now and last night was the first night I have EVER sat down for a scrapbooking session and couldn't even complete ONE page. I was downright mad at first, but seriously...that was the first time that has EVER happened...and I learned about four ways NOT to complete the page I was trying to complete. Now...Chris gets to help me figure out how to do it the right way. :)

3.) For extracurricular events, like soccer. It was so good to see a dear friend at the game that I haven't talked to in WAY too long. Plus, I got to talk to other friends as well. That was my benefit, but Libby (and Grace) also got to visit with their children (who are friends of hers) along with learning about soccer and lessons for life. It is good for all of us!

4.) For the gorgeous fall weather that we have been experiencing. Fall is not my favorite season, but for some reason it is turning out to be my favorite season this year. The same thing happened back in 2007 when I was pregnant with Grace.

5.) For the opportunity to homeschool my daughter. It can be tough at times...especially figuring out how to handle the younger two while I'm teaching Libby. It is totally worth it though. We are falling into our routine and feeling good about school. It is fun to listen to her put her lessons into action after she has struggled (very rarely, but some) with it, yet it has made its way into her noggin somehow. :)

No comments: