Saturday, December 29, 2012

Does It Have to End?

I have to say that, as a mom, this has probably been my favorite Christmas ever!  I didn't even realize it until I was gushing to a friend tonight about each of my kiddos.  I couldn't stop!  I am sure she was thinking, "You can stop...any time now...really!"  I am just thrilled that God blessed me with my three special children!

Libby had the chance to spend some time with her cousin, Grant, who is four months older than her.  I can't tell you what a wonderful time they had together and how well they acted.  By the end of our time in Tennessee she exclaimed, "I want to buy Grant!"  She offered her aunt and uncle $100, but for some odd reason, they didn't take her up on her offer.  ;)  I have never really done the Santa thing, and in fact for the first four years of her life I made it a point to tell her that he wasn't real, but she always wanted to believe anyway...and, I just let her!  She is like her daddy, you don't ever convince her of anything.  She has to come to whatever conclusion it may be...ON HER OWN!  So, this year was the first year that she figured out that maybe Santa wasn't real after all.  Maybe it was Grandpa who stuffed those stockings and ate those cookies.  (Side Note:  Grandpa did an excellent job at trying to convince her of Santa's reality by sticking some "fluff" on the milk cup from Santa's beard and leaving a piece of Santa's suit in the fire place.)  You could tell that it was a little bit tough for her to let go, but she was determined that if he is not real than she wants to be let in on the truth...period!  Libby's compassionate heart also showed through this year.  She received quite a lump of cash to go toward her i-pad.  As we were driving through the streets of a suburb of Nashville Janet and I were talking about the homeless people who sell papers on almost all the corners.  Libby just couldn't bare the fact that these people were homeless and she wanted to give them ALL of her Christmas money.  I love that heart in her!  Grandma and I explained that she couldn't give it all to them, but she could give them some, so when we got home we figured out her tithe and she asked if we could set aside another 10% to give to a homeless person in our town. 

Grace is just my little jumping jack!  There is no other way to put it.  She is here, there and everywhere!  She also enjoyed her time with Grant.  In fact, she has decided that she "loves him"!  She also had some fun getting to know Abigayle.  They colored so well together and had some good one-on-one time.  This little stinker just made my day when we had Christmas with my parents.  I had bought her an art kit.  After all the presents were open, she opened the art kit to see what was inside.  As she pulled the glue out she started to literally jump up and down and shout, "I got glue!  I got glue for Christmas!  I got glue!"  Why that was her highlight, I'm not sure, but she was beyond thrilled.  This year she also spent quite a bit of time cuddling with both of her grandpas.  She enjoyed her time with both grandparents immensely!

Then there is John!  What can I say about John?  He is my little ham!  This is the first year that he really got in to Christmas.  Starting with the ornaments when we put the tree up where he would pick each one up and exclaim, "I made this one!" to eating Christmas left overs and claiming he couldn't find his fork (while he patted it under the table cloth) so that he wouldn't have to eat his carrots (which he devoured)...this boy has brought so much joy to my heart.  We had piles of presents in front of the kids while Grandpa Tucker read the Christmas story.  We were all listening intently when what did we hear?  "Awesome!"  as he couldn't resist opening one of the presents that was lying tantalizingly at his feet.  Not to mention him calling out, "That's what I talking 'bout!" each time he opened a present at the Christmas we had with my parents.  He has so much energy and such a love for life!  I can't wait to see what happens as he gets older and starts REALLY getting the true message of Christmas, but I will treasure this Christmas and a little boy's excitement!

These three children have been such a blessing to me.  I am so honored to have each of these children in my life!  I thank God for them each and every day...and I know there are a few other folks out there who do the same.  :D

 



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alida Sharp said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I have my son and his girlfriend here so I did take a holiday...should be back soon!
Happy New Year to you all!!