Friday, May 09, 2008

Stage Fright

After yesterday's post, I thought I should give you something light hearted.

The girls and I watch a show called Word World on PBS. Essentially it's a cartoon where some animal friends teach you different things about words, how they sound and how they are put together (i.e. "ow" sound, silent e, how an "s" on the end of the word changes a word, etc.). The other day I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention, but when I heard duck on stage "singing", I about died laughing. He was on stage to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" but was so nervous that he forgot the words and instead sang:

Twinkle, twinkle hippopotamus
How I love your great big bottomus.

It was hilarious! I just had to share!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Alida Sharp said...

how funny! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm watching that episode with my daughter right now. It was hilarious!