Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mud Bath




This is what happens when you get locked out of the house in early spring! A one year old taking a mud bath and a mommy who isn't in a good mood about the whole deal.

Last Friday the kids and I walked down to the mail box to grab the mail and then came back home. Well, without my knowledge, one of the kids (I know who, but I won't mention names...it's not nice) had played with the door lock and locked the door. I know at one point in time we had a key out there, but do you think I could find it to save my life? NADA! Luckily, Chris keeps an entry way open for cases such as this. This is good! That entry way is in the back yard, which means a trek around the house, for an easy slope...in the mud, or a trek down a hill...in the mud. This is bad! So, I left the little squirts in their stroller and took off down the hill. As I got around to the backyard, I heard a screaming Grace...COMING CLOSER! She had managed to play Houdini and get out of her seat...and she was heading my way! This wouldn't be so bad except for the straightest line from her to me is a nasty hill that is straight down and about 6-8 foot down. I was scared half to death that she was going to tumble down and hurt herself...mind you, in the mud. Luckily, she remembered her climbing skills and turned around, on her belly, and scooched down the hill. So, I then had a muddy baby to contend with as I made my way in, but at least not a hurt baby. Did I mention I was NOT happy about this whole incident?

Oh yeah, Janet, it was ONE DAY after you told us we had better put a key in the garage because it would be bad if we got locked out! Granted, I thought we had a key for that door, but still...I thought that was kind of ironic.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Oh my!!! How long did it take you to clean all that up?

One for the baby books for sure.