Tuesday, March 03, 2009

My Smudge :)

I went for my first appointment today. It was basically the "information" meeting, BUT...since I have been having pains in my left side (as I did with Libby, but still wanted to be safe) the midwife went ahead and did a quick ultrasound. It is so amazing the difference of only a couple of weeks makes. We had Libby's ultrasound done at 10 weeks and she was a peanut, but not like this 8 week ultrasound. Literally, a smudge on the screen. But, baby is exactly where he/she is supposed to be. :) She zoomed in so that I could see the heart beat, too. What a beautiful sight!

I took Libby and Grace with me and I'm not sure Libby knew quite what to think. She still doesn't quite get the concept. She understands that there is a baby inside of her mommy, but she still thinks that we just go to the hospital and "pick the baby up". She hasn't quite got it figured out how the baby gets from inside of me to the hospital. It's fun to watch her wheels spin as she learns about life and how it begins though.

3 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

I love seeing the little bleep on the monitor. How exciting for you!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you are going to have another baby!!! Congrats!! We are so happy for you! I hope everything goes well!

Love
Carey Sue

Benji & Amy said...

another baby!?!?!? congrats! i hope everything goes well and this one is just as entertaining as the precious ones you have already!