Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Who Am I?

Last year a lot of MOPS revolved around the nine things a mother NEEDS. As I was listening I thought that perspective was definitely the thing that I needed to work on and learn about the most. Well, I accepted a position as the hospitality coordinator on the steering team at the end of the year last year. Therefore I have been trying to do some studying and trying to get myself prepared for my position. Anyway, this past week, God did what he likes to do best and spoke to me about an area that I wasn't even examining. It just washed over me like a wave, although I have issues with perspective, identity is what I need help with right now. I realized that I have been basing my self worth as a person on what my daughter can do. When she learns something new I am a good mom and therefore a good person, but when she throws a tantrum I am a bad mom and therefore a bad person that can't do anything right. God helped me realize that I can't do that, it isn't fair to Libby or me. So my goal for right now is to come up with some goals for my life (as a follower of Christ, as a wife, as a mother) that are based upon my own ability and not based on how others are respond. I think this will help out greatly with some of my self-motivation issues. Isn't amazing how God works?

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Sounds like you are at peace with all this. It is amazing how God talks to us sometimes.