Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Lesson Learned

I woke up yesterday morning and I was trying to do my devotions when a happy little girl woke up and came and crawled on my lap. I decided that maybe it was a good thing that she see me spending time with God. I would lead by example. Well, she followed my example alright...by going and finding a pretty hi-liter, just like mommy's, and marking words in her book too. I didn't get really upset with her because she HAD just seen me do it. I did try to explain to her that my book didn't have any pretty pictures in it though and that she would learn how to mark in her books when she got a little bit older. Her response? "I was just trying to spend time with God." So, apparently the only thing I taught me daughter by being an example was that we spend time with God by high lighting words. I suppose they didn't build Rome in a day and I certainly can't expect her to understand everything I'm doing in a day either. So, I guess for now, I'll try to roll my hind end out of bed a little bit earlier and get that high lighting done BEFORE she wakes up. :)

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Precious story.... I love that you're modeling for her! :)

minga said...

that is so sweet.. kinda reminds me of a song.. "watching you" by Rodney Adkins... i think it's SO adorable when little ones try to be so grown up....