Friday, April 18, 2008

Nightmares

This morning Libby was sitting up in bed just kind of looking at me with a sad face. I finally asked her if she was ok. She started sobbing and saying something that I couldn't understand. I told her to calm down and SAY what was wrong. The second time I understood "The _______ took _______ from me." I repeated what I understood and asked her to fill in the blanks for me and one more time she said, "The pirate took my froggy from me." I asked her what she did when he took it and she told me she tried to take it back but couldn't. I told her to go to her bedroom and to get her froggy so she could show that mean old pirate who was boss. She went back, found her toys and was a-ok after that. I was a good mommy and didn't laugh when she told me about her nightmare. I did smile after she left the room though. :) I'm not sure what I'm going to do when her nightmares get to be REAL nightmares.

1 comment:

Alida Sharp said...

I remember when my son dreamed that his blanket had been stolen... he was very upset over that!