Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Words of Wisdom

Grace Eilene absolutely HATES taking a bath. I absolutely HATE giving her baths because I don't like to hear my baby scream and cry. Well, the other day, I just decided to see what would happen if I told her (the idea came to me at the last second) that we were going to have a GOOD bath today and she wasn't going to need to cry because baths were enjoyable. Amazingly, she cried when I first put her in the water and then about a minute or two later...she calmed down. Well, Sunday bath time rolled around and Chris gave her the bath. I had forgotten to tell him about the previous experience so she screamed her little head off. Then, today, I decided to try the positive talk again. I told her that we were going to take a nice relaxing bath and that it was going to be a good bath. I just spoke to her in a really gentle tone and told her what a blast the bath was going to be and how good she'd feel when it was over. I'm telling you, I don't know what it was about it, but...NOT ONE TEAR!!! You're talking about the fact that Libby even decided she was going to "help" me. NOT ONE TEAR! Amazing! So, maybe now bathtime won't always be so unpleasant. Yippee!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so tough. I use to dread bath time with my second son because he hated even the tiniest drop of water in his face. He use to scream if any water splashed on his face. It made washing his hair a very traumatic experience.