Thursday, August 30, 2012

I would be a GREAT mom...

IF I DIDN'T HAVE KIDS!  Those were the words Chris heard as I was wiping away my tears.  Honestly, it wasn't the kids fault even.  They were fine.  I just broke down.  Sometimes the pressures of motherhood just pile up and I feel completely overwhelmed...like I am going to ruin these kids because I am me.

I don't have a schedule to make sure I get all of these things done, I missed a subject (or two or three) in school today, I only put John on the potty twice today (AGAIN!), the supper dishes aren't cleared away, the kids are in front of a movie (AGAIN!), the toys are scattered all over, and all I really want to do is veg in front of the computer screen!

You can't tell me I am alone in these feelings!  I know I am not!  That's just it, though, they are feelings.  Feelings don't equal truth.  God's Word does!  Why does it always seem that the clarity of that comes after the storm?  

Matthew 11:28 says, "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  So, why do I feel too guilty to come to Him?  Romans 8:1 says, "Therefore, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."  Once again?  Why?  Why do I think I have to, or even CAN, fix myself before I come to Christ?  

Leaning on Christ is thing we do out of humility.  Amazing how pride gets in our way EVEN when we are His children!  James 4:10 says, "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."  That is what I need to be doing.  On the days that I can...and the days that I can't!  God doesn't want us to wallow in self-pity and insecurity, but He can't help us until we let Him.

So, today I have pulled up my boot straps and I am back to the parenting game...with God's help!  And, on that note, here is another blog post to make you think on days like I had yesterday.


No comments: