Monday, June 16, 2008

Detour

With all of the flooding going on here in Iowa they have detoured I-80 up through Dubuque. It has made US 20 (one of our main drags) crazy busy! It took me 15 minutes to get across town today and it usually takes me five. But...it ended up being totally worth it. I noticed a Nascar Sprint Series semi driving through town, but didn't think much of it. Then, as I was just sitting at the red light at the crazy traffic corner (where the detour takes a left to hit the long straightaway) four or five semis were turning. I noticed Carl Edwards semi and missed the rest of them because at the end of the line was...RYAN NEWMAN's semi. I just wanted to stop the truck driver and ask if I could at least see the car, even if the engine was blown out of it. It was pretty cool! A little later I saw Kurt Busch's semi too. That was Libby's favorite because it had m&m's all over it. :)

In other news, Libby is very excited that she can now climb in the McDonald's play land all by herself. She needs no help up those silly stair things anymore. Also, Grace is now saying "dadadadada". She says it when she's mad. I don't know if she's calling for him because she's mad at me or if she's blaming him for her situation. Ha! They are getting along a lot better than they did at first. She'll actually snuggle with him and fall asleep in his arms now. She also started to let him feed her, but only if she's either really hungry or in a really good mood. Last, but not least, I finally got my dress for Shawna's wedding. It fits a lot better than when I first tried it on, but I'm going to have to lose another 5 to 10 pounds for it to look right. Either that or wear control top panty hose. It's a good thing I've been hitting the exercise most mornings at 5:00 in the morning. I guess I'll just keep it up.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Have you heard of "spanx"? They have trimming body suits and a few of my friends swear by them. They say that they are MUCH more comfortable than control-top hose. They cost a pretty penny, but one of my friends washes it out and wears it nearly every day because she loves it so much. www.spanx.com I think that they sell them at Lane Bryant, too.

mama2dibs said...

I'll have to check into it. Thanks!