Monday, June 23, 2008

Embarrassing

We were at the local Chinese joint the other night and an overweight guy came in to order some take out. As he was walking out the door I had one of those moments. You know, the kind where you just freeze up and can't do a darn thing? Like in a dream where you know you NEED to run, but you just can't? Yeah, the word HE'S came out of Libby's mouth. That's the point that I totally froze, knowing what was going to come next. I wanted to jump across the table and clamp my hand on her mouth or shout "Libby, NOOOOO!" Instead I just sat there, not able to move as the word BIG came out of her mouth. I know he heard it too. I guess I'm just glad that it was "He's big" and not "He's fat". Ai yai yai!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Those are the absolute worst moments.

Terra said...

Every parent has had those moments, and that one could have been worse, as you pointed out. "Big" wasn't too too bad.
I found your blog through the CWO blogroll. Come on over to my blog and say hi.
Terra