Saturday, June 14, 2008

Last Week

Last week has two meanings (hopefully) today. Last week Libby did AWESOME at school. Every day she just ran right in to her classroom and was excited to be at school. On Friday they went to a local nature area and saw turtles and snakes and the like...at least that's what Libby said. :) BUT, that wasn't the high light for Libby. The trolley was already pulled up at the preschool when we got there. Libby was super excited as soon as she saw it. She started yipping like a puppy dog and kept singing "I so 'cited. I'm goin' on a train on a track!" When I went to pick her up she was still on the trip so I took her home straight off the trolley. I asked her if she had a good time on the train and she looked at me like I should know better and said, "It's not a train, mommy. It's a trully." Then last night she helped daddy when he caulked a well cover on outside of the rental. Chris had the caulk gun and Libby had a closed caulk bottle. She told daddy that she would get one side and very carefully ran the "caulk" down that side. She stood back to check on her work and looked close again. Here is what the conversation went like from there:

Libby: Daddy, it didn't work.
Daddy: Yes it did.
She looks again: No it didn't.
Daddy caulks it quickly: Yes it did, see?
She looks again: Oh, I did a good job daddy. See?
Daddy: You did do a good job.

Then she strutted around like a peacock because she was so proud of herself. That's the basics of it. I could be off on some of the wording because I wasn't out there at that time. I wish I had been though.

The other meaning of "last week" is that hopefully this will be our last week in this house. We should be taking our "final" walk through tomorrow. We already know that there will be things that we bring up that we want fixed because Chris has already asked him to fix them and he told us to get a life. So, we will re-ask and hope that he's in a better mood. Then he has some things that he needs to do on the outside. He said that should be finished by Wednesday and then he'll work (or so we hope) on the "fix it" list. Either way, hopefully this is it. We shall see!

2 comments:

Jen&Carter said...

Very Cute, I wanted to let you know that I finished my 10 things from you tagging me. I hope that the house is coming along and that they work with you guys to fix everything that needs it.

Alida Sharp said...

I am praying that this truly is your last week in the house!!