Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Explanation

Ok, so it seems kind of strange that we are sending Libby to preschool, yet are homeschooling her as well. We put a lot of thought into the decision and decided for several reasons to opt for this route. First of all, Libby is SUCH a social butterfly and just loves people. Since I am not sending her to school, I thought this would be a good time for her to make some friends. Secondly, Libby is very strong-willed and seems to think that she's the boss. I feel like I am constantly having to discipline her and she is constantly trying to get around it. I want her to see that I am not the bad guy and that some of the things I do are to help her get along in the "real" world. If she is at school and acts like she does, sometimes, at home, she will see that someone else is going to correct her as well. Thirdly, it will help ME get used to a "schedule" again. I haven't really had anything that I have been responsible for being there at a certain time other than MOPS steering and that is only three times a month including the steering meeting. I am not naturally organized, nor self-disciplined so this will keep me responsible in getting her to class three times a week at 9:00. This means that I HAVE to get Libby out of bed by 8:00 and get her (and Grace and myself) ready and make sure that she is ready and presentable...THREE times a week, not once a week. I need a few lessons in responsibility. :) Lastly, I am craving the Grace time. I had Libby all to myself and could do my bonding with her whenever I wanted and put her down to get other things done when I wanted. With Grace, I'm kind of at the mercy of Libby because of the fact that she is a slight bit more mobile. I want (for the most part) to be able to spend the time that Libby is gone to be spent completely with Grace. Those are the four main reasons that I want Libby to go to preschool and then I'll take back over once kindergarten comes around. I don't know whether we will do the same with Grace or not. It will depend on her personality and where we are at when she is at that age.

7 comments:

Dave Woods said...

Hey Baby You and Chris are the parent I don't need an explantion I know the the 2 of you will do what is best for the Girls.

Love Dad

Deanna said...

Thanks, Liza. I realized by the tone of this and and your dad's comment that you might have felt on the "defensive." I ABSOLUTELY want you to know that my tone was NOT intended to be critical whatsoever. I think it's a great idea.... preschool was an amazing thing for Aaron, and all of your reasons make perfect sense. If you felt attacked in any way by my question, please accept my sincerest apologies.... that was not the heart behind my question! :)

mama2dibs said...

Nope, I didn't feel attacked. I didn't mean for that to be how it sounded. In fact when I read my dad's comment I kind of gave a funny look because I didn't understand why he said that. I just decided to sit down and truly think about the why behind the decision. All is good. I guess that is the problem with writing, you can't actually hear how the person is saying what they're saying. Anyway, no offense whatsoever was taken.

Alida Sharp said...

sounds good to me!!

Dave Woods said...

Yep I didn't read the comment on the last post. So all I was saying was I trust you.

Love Dad

mama2dibs said...

I'm glad you trust me dad. It's good to know that my daddy has my back. :)

Busy1 said...

Wow, this post is generating some comments, isn't it? :-) Hey, thanks for going into more detail. Like Deanna, I never meant it to be an attackful question...I'm always just interested in the pros/cons for preschool and you've definitely put much thought and prayer into it. There are days when I feel almost guilty that I cannot spend the one on one time with Marissa and Melayna that I got to do with Morgan. That was certainly one of the hardest things about having more than one.... House looks great, by the way!