Monday, June 02, 2008

Preschool

Today was Libby's first day of preschool. :( No, I didn't cry or anything like that. Honestly, the hardest pill for me to swallow in the whole matter is that I don't know WHAT she's learning. I'm so used to being the one to teach her everything and now I don't have control over that. I didn't realize I had such a control issue in that area, but I guess I've found out why I want to homeschool so badly now. I am very happy (and hope I continue to be) with our choice of preschools though. It is a Montessori preschool and I just love that approah. Plus, of the three preschools I checked out this is the one where I saw genuine care for not only the kids, but also for me as the parent. I was utterly impressed with how they handled the few disciplinary actions that they needed to. I was also very impressed to see Libby just jump right in (on our visit) and just absorb into the classroom. As for today, though, she was a little unsure of jumping right in without mommy there. She didn't want me to leave (thus the semi-sad face in the picture). I walked her into the classroom and Miss Kirsten, her teacher, took her over to see the gerbils. I then told her good bye and heard her cry a bit. Miss Tina, the director, told me that I could call and check on her if I would like to, but there was no need to do so. By the time I had Grace in her car seat, Miss Tina came out to tell me that she had already calmed down. I'm excited for this new adventure in our lives. I think it will be good for the both of us.




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Hey girl! Yahoo! You survived!!!!!!!! I know that the first day is hard!

I would love to hear more.... I'm interested in why you decided to send her to preschool when you are planning to homeschool in the future. I have another friend who is doing the same thing.... do blog, do blog!!! :) Tell me more!!!! :) Hope that it is a great experience!

Busy1 said...

I was going to write you and ask you the same question as Deanna. Was just wondering your thoughts behind the preschool and homeschooling, etc. What made you decide to send her and what made you decide the montessori that you did, etc?

Unknown said...

Good job making it through, mom!

I love your choice of school. We don't have those here, which is why we chose the Christian school, but Montessori schools ROCK. You'll be so happy..