Thursday, June 05, 2008

Moms for Modesty


I ran across this site today on modesty for our children. I do know that this is an issue and I cringe even when shopping at Wal-Mart. Why are we letting people like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, who are how old now?, design clothes for our precious little 5 and 6 year olds. Why are parents letting their children walk around with shirts that exclaim that it's all about them or with sexually explicit words on them? Are parents turning a blind eye or do they truly not care? I, for one, DO care! I want my precious three year old and five month old to grow up and know that they can look adorable and raise a guy's eye brow because of who they are, not what they're wearing. I know that quite a few of my fellow bloggers have beautiful little girls as well. I know some of you well enough to know for a fact that they would agree with me that they want to teach their daughters modesty. So, I encourage each of you (even if you have boys, because they are going to have to battle with the temptations that come when girls are dressed inappropriately) to head over to Moms for Modesty and sign their petition to let everyone know that it's time that we have the right to dress our children appropriately and leave the negligee's to the bedroom once they get married. Thanks for your support.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great post -- i absolutely agree with you!

minga said...

i 100% agree with you about this!! i couldn't imagine the stress parents are under to dress their children with both style and dignity when the child asks for something inappropriate.. i wish you the best of luck with this issue in the future when the girls are older, but if they're anything like their mom, they'll have more than enough self-respect and dignity to dress themselves like respectable, dignified young women..