Thursday, June 05, 2008

"Moving" Quickly Now

I told you there would be more pictures really soon. Here we go again.

We have counter tops and almost all of our cupboards. I was a little disappointed with the cupboards as I thought we were getting the same thing we had in Indiana. I was wrong. Carol truly treated us as royalty and I would give anything in the world to have her out here building our house versus the person who is doing it. Alas, that's just not reality so I will get over it, move on and just be elated that we have a house again.


Here is a picture of the crown moulding that goes on our cabinets. This is a nice addition that I wasn't expecting. I think it looks sharp!

Here's the linoleum in our laundry room (same is in the 3/4 bath that is just around the corner that you see on the left side of the picture).


Here is the Libby and Grace's bathroom.


This is our bathroom. This is by far my favorite linoleum, but it is also by far the most expensive. ALL of the brick work is done now. The last two coins came in yesterday and he ripped 'em out. I like the way it looks.



The last two pictures are of the two bedrooms in the basement. Originally we were not going to finish them off, but Chris needed something to calm him down as he was going stir crazy and he tends to micro-manage and fret about every detail in a project such as building a house. So, we just decided to finish the two bedrooms and the bathroom for downstairs. These are completely Chris's work minus the drywalling that Chris just didn't want to fuss with.

While I'm not optimistic about being in by the end of next week, I do think we will be in soon enough. It will be nice to have our own house again. I'm just waiting for "Christmas" because that is exactly what it is going to feel like when we get all of our stuff out of storage. I don't think I even have a clue what things we have put away. :) Our appliances come on Saturday and we should have toilets and bathroom sinks (and the kitchen sink) and all of that fun stuff by the beginning of next week. Then comes carpet? I think. There are a few other things (including the septic) that have to happen and then it is move in time. Yea!

3 comments:

Familyof4 said...

Looks beautiful! Who is your builder here? We did all our own work or subcontracting so we got very lucky and were happy and done in 3mths! Pretty good espeically when literally hubby is doing much of the work, plus has a J O B on top of it! Many late hours... but worht it now!

Unknown said...

it is looking fantastic!

minga said...

the house is looking absolutely beautiful!!! almost looks like a home.. you just need some toys laying on the floor, and it will look like a home.. lol.. i'm glad things are finally moving along for you!!